Time magazine gives Alan Wake Game of the Year
Time Magazine isn’t exactly a place you go for videogame-related information, much less a list of the top 10 Best Games of the Year.
Likewise, you would not expect a top-list from such a publication to necessarily be a GOOD top-list, and yet that is what has happened with Time’s list of the Best Games of the Year, including a very unique, but no-doubt worthy, choice selected as their #1 Best Game of the Year.
Personally I did happen to think their list was pretty decent, maybe a even a little bit better than the VGAs 2010 Game of the Year top list. Of course it is always a nice thing to see a top list that takes iPhone games into consideration and Time went ahead and sided them next to the big hitters of video games this year.
That said, Angry Birds in my opinion is probably worthy of a top-spot among best videogames of 2010 for many people even though it’s not really a ‘great’ game per say, it’s a ’fun’ game for most people. Time vated it as the 2nd Best Game of 2010.
Here is the Time Magazine Best Games of the Year, with the top prize going to Remedy’s long-in-development Xbox 360 survival horror exclusive Alan Wake.
1. Alan Wake (Xbox 360 – Microsoft, Remedy)
2. Angry Birds (iOS, Android – Chillingo, Rovio)
3. Red Dead Redemption (PS3, Xbox 360 – Rockstar Games, Rockstar San Diego)
4. Halo: Reach (Xbox 360 – Microsoft, Bungie)
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii – Nintendo)
6. Limbo (Xbox 360 – Microsoft, PlayDead)
7. Super Meat Boy (WiiWare, PC, Mac, Xbox Live Arcade – Team Meat)
8. Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360, PS3 – Capcom)
9. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC – Blizzard)
10. Mass Effect 2 (PC, Xbox 360 – Electronic Arts, BioWare)
Here’s an extended look at Alan Wake.